Popular Posts

13 April 2008

"'Alone!', he wails..." (P.o.t.D. 4/13//08)

Restrain tongue and pen, in work and play --
Emotions checked, yet obsession
Simmers, seeking say.
Public and private perspectives and perceptions
Entwined, interwoven, in a tangled skein.
Confusing courage with cries of caution,
Tangled again,
I am, in deontic ties that bind.
Now... is it time to cross antiquated fences,
Gaining insight, challenging fears, in my mind?

Before, I would "sit in solemn silence",
Overcome my feelings, yet... highstrung... tense.
Untold wreckage building upon my soul,
Never once did I feel complete and whole.
Dwelling in a pristine ivory tower,
And discontent... alone... each midnight hour.
Reason only took me farther - too far -
Inside self, loves buried in aching heart,
Encamped, enclosed, entrapped, entombed "in a
Steel cage" - a lean role sans sensual sin.

Inhibitions... to be respected? ...to be overcome?
Noble confidence separates the true fears from the sum.

Look... Listen... Love... and the world unfolds,
Infinite nuances will be revealed,
From which billions of stories can be told -
Experiences that can truly heal.

Everyone has a story to tell;
Stories so deep, they cause my heart to swell.
Pensive, I will miss these insights around
Even though, like armies, do they surround.
Circled by artisans, artists, arsons;
Igniting passion, felt by all senses.
Against that prison of independence
Lies the world's lie of self-sufficience;
Leading me to forget growth from "my mind,
Your mind, learning when they are intertwined".

Ignoring others, I suddenly find I do become
Narcistic, self-sadistic, pessimistic... my thoughts, numb.

Life is too short to live in a ship's hold;
Overcome, I must, these imagined seals!
Voyeuer, no more - engage others, be bold -
Enrich my life, sharing others' ordeals!

No comments: