Popular Posts

24 January 2013

With over-sharing on Facebook, the fear is that I become more of a nuisance, by sharing and liking 10+ posts per day. I certainly can see that I get annoyed when some of my friends over-share...
Yet, I'd like to be a channel, or reporter - passing along the posts that resonate with me.
Unfortunately, (?) I find a lot of posts here interesting, whether they be jokes, or quotes, or scientific research, or...
So, perhaps the challenge is finding a balance between shadow-lurking and over-sharing. There's probably a heuristic in that balance - a set of rules like:
1) use likes sparingly, when I think a friend's post is really good news
2) reserve comments for friends, and only when they "arise spontaneously", I.e. no comments made just to follow future comments..?
3) reserve sharing for fan and group pages, as I do not know if my friends want their status updates and personal pictures broadcast to people they don't know
4) be more aware of apps "posting on my behalf"..?
You may come to know me better by "the company I keep". On the one hand, this could be the people I quote or paraphrase... Or it could be the quoted ideas themselves, with no connection to the speakers being princes or paupers.

No comments: