Popular Posts

30 December 2012

I do not like to repeat myself.
Yet, by repetition, and,
More so, by revision,
I gain both
A clearer understanding of where I've been
And a more succinct story for you to comprehend.
But... I do not like to repeat myself...
For I hope to have learned -
From my missteps, and from yours -
That we may dance with grace
Through our remaining days.
Something lingers in the campfire's shade,
An unknown
Caught up in rhyming again - frustration - switch to streaming, this..
I don't want to repeat myself, and yet I'll run my "addictions" into the ground, locked in the obsessive cycles. Is it competition fueling the game play or boredom!? Is it a desire to be connected fueling the feed-trolling, or a weird desire just to be heard? Am I focusing on the last 24 hours because I haven't found a "pat response" to that passage yet...? Do I leave my past on the shelf in my mind's library because I don't think it's relevant to the talk at hand?
I do not want to repeat myself..?
So, what is the difference between liking and wanting? What subtlety can be teased out of that change? How does the story get embellished in the second telling, or the tenth, or the hundredth..?
I think to like the repetition may be to be comfortable with the routine. As I was writing just a couple of lines above, I was thinking, "Ah! Yet you like set schedules of eating, sleeping, and such.. And you like to visit the same haunts.."
..or..
"If some thing or idea works, I am prone to do it again, hoping for the same results"
But, why would I want to repeat myself? Why get bogged down in an endless karmic cycle? Why stay with the comfortable, and leave the unknown unexplored? Why settle for a local happiness maximum, when trudging through a value of discomfort may find me at a much higher peak?
I do not know if I have compelling answers for or against. Sooo... Without clear understanding of history,
I might well have to repeat myself.
Rita Rockhold: "Pop the bubble!!"
Kelley J Doyle: "Get out of the cave!!"
...and, a pattern I've been playing with of late, let me tag 5-15 others for comments:

No comments: