Popular Posts

15 February 2015

"Murmurings of a Madman" (P.o.t.D. 2/15/15)

Probably playing with pink poinsettas
Plagues people with petite poisons...

Christmas came early, crowding out
Halloween and other holidays, honored not...

Just throwing out some alphabet lines,
Thinking of my friend Cat and her "rhymes" -
Alliteration and assonance all about 'a'..
..or the other letters are fair game, too.

In a gaming mode with this poetry challenge -
I was trying not to write about writing... oops.

Part of me was thinking of creating
An adventure with another cat,
Alas time is ticking away,
Adding to the challenge,
"Can I write 'one off's', from the cuff, and
Still squeeze a good day's rest,
Between two work nights,
While creating something worth reading?"

I'm limiting myself, I think,
By writing so rinky-dink,
Sacrificing style and structure
Just to crank out another piece...
With many more amassed,
Still waiting for their first revisions.

I feel comfortable writing about writing,
But the results feel so void of content,
So lacking of narrative, yet one more
Bit where I'm in the meta-writing,
Without making good writing.

I'm tired now, though,
And going to go to sleep;
Hoping I can summon Dream, and gain
A collection of exquisite images
That stretches my brain's notions of poetry...

No comments: