Popular Posts

23 September 2016

Friday morning meditation stream

Focus: positive thoughts, positive intentions... gratitude... let go of fear.

How would a man of faith act in this (or that) situation?

(enjoying the Danny Elfman radio station on Spotify - current song: Ice Dance from Edward Scissorhands)

I was running late, then we decided to reschedule, now I have an hour to meditate

I think to look at kaleidoscopic art, to revel in the complex patterns they weave. I post to Facebook (queue Batman soundtrack, Danny) I catch a post reminding me that if I go to sleep in gratitude, I wake up refreshed and in gratitude...

now, the ten minute timer is set, because time is valuable?

an excellent reply to yesterday's frustrations streaming - reminding me to give the fear to God, and my career, and everything, really. Not to belittle, not to get frustrated... just focus and move forward. Grateful for all of my friends, and even for the difficult people -

phone call just now from student loan forgiveness programs: "Income-based? Or, you're doing fine!"

- (Danny, queue Lord of the Rings) some times, I think a little on the grandiose and epic side, yep...

what plans for the day? physical therapy is on the horizon, although i wonder if it is being foiled by my forgetfulness. just not making time to stretch, and i feel ok. yes, i don't have excellent freedom of motion... do i cut it off yet? talked with the lawyer this morning. some fear around accepting a settlement and then hidden injuries cropping up after that... also, not too sure what type of settlement is in the works. if it recovers co-pays, that would be fine, I guess.

today is the one day of the week that I devote to 7-Eleven. conflicted about loyalties versus low pay. they've been there when i had no job... i suspect i still need them to shore up the part-time income from the other jobs. i see tutees coming out of the woodwork, and I think, "Can I get tutoring rolling, too?" it's such a satisfying pursuit for my math mind...

alas, the ten minute timer is up. Do I spend an hour in meditation, because I don't think I can spend 20 minutes? Or do I break away from the computer, to make my way to my appointment, to begin my day, to contemplate my walking world while Danny and others play their lovely songs?

Yes. break away, and with the world, engage.

No comments: