Popular Posts

18 January 2021

dentist: 18 Jan 2020

about 18 hours later, and I have some jaw pain developing... I still feel poorly treated by the dentist - probably fueled by some shaky expectations on my part.
It frustrates me that yesterday was the 3rd visit in 4 weeks in the same problem, and what felt like a resolution was dangled before me, only to be yanked away. On the first two visits, practically nothing happened: "dentist stuck her gloved hand in my mouth for a minute to take a look at the trauma, then sends me on my way with a $5 copay. Tells me to gargle with salt water, at home." (both of the first 2 visits)
Today, they were claiming they would get a biopsy, and sand down some of the bone, for a nice $600 charge (with insurance considered)... (like night and day?)
But.... as I'm living paycheck to paycheck, in a non-glamourous job; and it seems impossible to set aside savings - I couldn't pay even the down payment on the credit line offered to cover the expenses. I couldn't pay anything, actually, because my account had overdrafted during the previous night.
I was kind of hoping that I would get some consideration as a returning patient, who had successfully completed a dental credit line, before. Nope, no favoritism here, no consideration of past transactions.
I know it's small beans compared to some people's medical nightmares; but it still feels like I was led on and then uncermoniously let go. ...and I still have to deal with whatever untreated gum condition has been causing me much concern over the last month.
I guess I'll just gargle salt water. It'll be like I'm swimming in the ocean, eh?

No comments: