Popular Posts

19 October 2016

Meditation: Career Direction

What is my ideal career?

- working 4 days per week, up to 12 hours per day (8 is preferred)?
- or setting my own schedule, but still being able to stay busy, 4 days per week...
- work tasks do not follow me home, usually

- earning enough money, to:
= meet my standard bills,
= set aside for retirement,
= and still grow my savings each month...

- staying active, at work, most of the time
- has some element of physical exercise?

- makes use of my knowledge of mathematics, and/or problem-solving skills
- possibly has me writing and/or creating

- engages with other people, as a regular part of the job
- encourages others' growth, instead of feeding their addictions

------------------------

So, is this where I go grab that STRONG career assessment, and post the top ten results, to be scrutinized?
Yes, I think I shall do that...:

So, here's my top five career areas:
1. Science
2. Writing and Mass Communication
3. Mathematics
4. Research
5. Visual Arts & Design

Next, here are my top ten occupations:
1. Technical Writer
2. Computer Programmer
3. Librarian
4. Psychologist
5. Science Teacher
6. Editor
7. Optometrist
8. Sociologist
9. Arts/Entertainment Manager
10. Computer Systems Analyst

Background: This all comes out of the Strong Interest Inventory Profile with College Profile; where I answered about 150 questions about my like or dislike of common work tasks. There's more results, but I certainly agree with most of the recommended careers and career areas.

No comments: