Popular Posts

07 February 2020

I've heard the advice in the recovery community, over the years, that, when I'm this "discombobulated", I need to just pick up the phone and start calling people.
Yet, I'm still afraid that I'll get a lot of cold shoulder responses... or maybe it's ugly pride that I don't need to make those calls, because I still think I can weather this by myself. Maybe it's a forlorn hope that Facebook still works as a mass broadcast.
On a darker vein, I'm afraid that I will start to manipulate people, especially in writing monologues like these. "If I'm just passive-aggressive enough, I'll eventually get a response, right?" (Probably not the best response, but it's better than a vacuum.)
I also think on all the broken promises, on both sides of the street - "I'll call you in an hour", "Let's do lunch!", "That sounds like a great idea, and I'll get right on it", and probably countless others. I don't want to hold them over other people's heads like some guilt trip, but it certainly erodes at my trust that I can depend on that relationship. I would hazard that's true, even if I'm the one breaking the promise, because that shows that I'm not willing to take that commitment seriously, right?
I'm thinking that I'll head to the gym, for some late-night exercise. It's only one of the 3 days that I committed to, this week; but it's a start, right?
I once heard that the worst day to post on Facebook is Fridays, because of the end of the work week and all. Not sure how backed that is by scientific research, but most stuff here is not well-researched.

No comments: