Popular Posts

08 February 2020

Will anyone treat me to a meal, and their company?
...or even...
I've got some coupons from my past year's film fest volunteering. Does anyone want to help me use them?
---------------------
passive-aggressive me was hoping that somebody, anybody would make the offer, based on my week of misery posts, this week. No nibbles, there.
Part of me hoped the offer would be extended to join the 5:30's First Friday meal, yesterday; and another part was hoping that some group would meet up after this morning's 8:30 Western Trails meeting. Yet, maybe those are false expectations, considering how little interaction I have, outside of meeting times.
Another part of me questions if Facebook is even a viable communication medium, any more. Either their algorithms don't highlight their posts, or my past angry posts have put me on multiple block lists, or people just don't use it any more because of all of the bad political posts that they've had to put up with.
Then there's the basic circumstances of my life. I don't have a car, so you'd have to wait for me to bus to you; or you'd have to trouble yourself to come pick me up from Southeast Austin. I only have a couple of coins in my wallet and a negative bank balance - hence the week of misery posts - so I certainly can't pay for my food at the moment. (I could offer to give you plenty of food out of my pantry - I could even offer to make you dinner, if you don't mind eating neighborhood pantry fare...)
Oh, and I imagine that most people write me off as boring, or unable to hold up my end of an interesting conversation. I think some people think that I'm silent and moody; or lost in mathematical thinking.
-----------
Still, I wonder if anyone would care to share a meal and their company with me...

No comments: