Popular Posts

08 December 2021

8 Dec 2010

 A couple of weeks back, my dad asked how I was doing.  I thought about it, for a second, and said, "I'm at a local, but not global, maximum in the graph of my happiness."

 

...meaning, life is relatively stable, my needs are met, and so on... but I can perceive much higher levels of contentment out there, if only I'm willing to put forth some work, and trudge through some tough spots to get there.

 

Example:  I've been toying with the idea of returning to school, in order to add teacher certification, or, possibly a secondary skill set like a strong grounding in a science... most of which would be done with the eventual goal of launching into a much better than the one I currently have.  Unfortunately, my chances of getting financial aid are similar to winning the lotto, what with student loans in default, past dropped semesters, maxing out the amount I could get at UT-Austin, etc..  Sooo, there's some definite financial hardship to face if I were to return to school, coupled with time management stressors...  

 

...and it all seems to be soooo daunting.

 

So, what's with the title of this piece?  My time management is not the best, with me prone to playing game apps on facebook instead of facing the work to improve my life.  I'm thinking that even writing this note is, in itself, a form of procrastination, an attempt to idle away some time before an appointment, and work, today.  It's really just an expanded status update, too..

 

OK.. I'm going to get off the computer, and go wait for a few hours . . bleh.

No comments: