Popular Posts

28 October 2015

P.o.t.D. 10/28/15: "Life after..."

I passed by a flower bed,
Full of thick, little, clipped stumps,
Each sporting vibrant green cacti sprouts -
Perhaps life weighing in
After the recent foot of rainfall?

I was reminded of another clipped cactus,
That I'd pass every day
On my treks up and down Jones Road -
It was twenty food round, it seemed,
Filling the scene with so many sprouts...
Recently, it has been trimmed,
Cut down even with a plane
Passing along the sidewalk's edge.

I used to check in,
As I passed that cactus,
On an app now forgotten...
Just because I was racing
To be a mayor here,
Or a point leader there...

It's probably way past time
To trim my phone
Of frivolous apps,
Gathering electrons
Yet never used...

Time to simplify,
To rearrrange, declutter,
And make time for dreams.

Yet I feel stuck,
Pricked by past lives,
In debt to experiences?

Tired refrain:
"It's hard to write poems
After a long night at work..."

No comments: