Popular Posts

11 November 2016

"11/11 rant" (P.o.t.D. 11/11/16)

Time to re-train my bedeviled brain
To stand up against oppression,
Especially sly, under-handed tricks
That may masquerade as "innocent jokes"
That hide deadly de-humanizing stings.

My mind peels away from the roiling fear -
In myself, in others..
fuck

no poem here

exhaustion has taken its toll
and i feel myself going fetal

i want the voice of sanity
to step in, to say it'll all be all right

i want comfort
and i hate the conflict
but america's always been at war
maybe some sick alpha male gratification:
"if we can beat ______,
we will show we were the better country!"

while our children try to copy our bullying,
making a mockery of our "day-care center education system"

...and we learn nothing.

i once heard, take it for what its worth,
that innovation basically came from conquest and exploration....
so, please, y'all can we get on with exploring Mars
and tapping clean energy
and learning to live together with each other
instead of with our stereotypes and prejudices?

does it count as exploration
if we try to take the time
to learn about different sub-cultures,
instead of trying to "white-wash" them all in our suppressions?

how does that go again?
"Let's build a longer table
Instead of a higher fence."

I wonder what sins are running rampant?
Greed? Envy? Sloth?

Did I ever tell you the time
That I made sandwiches for my former housemate,
When he approached me on the streets,
Asking for some help?

Just some raw words, and a tired old Bean,
Who would rather be asleep,
If only this anxiety and these allergies
Weren't shooting that all to Hell...
But I need to sleep, so I will sign off.

No comments: