Popular Posts

28 February 2021

28 Feb 2020

 The shadows in my mind refuse to be trapped and caged in understandable speech. With that ambiguity, they can harness the power of my fears, and leave me babbling in what might possibly the early stages of dementia. Oh, how I've tried to express the concerns to others, yet the oppressive silence that I receive back makes me question the very fabric of my reality.

"Am I making sense, or just written off as phantasmal nonsense?"
Would we understand the fears and anxiety better, if we moved their targets from inside my head onto some of the more heinous acts being committed in this modern world? ...or would you argue that such outward-directed hysteria might be explained as, or by clever gaslighting?
...and another consternation appears, torn from the pages of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance": Would I let myself stay paralyzed by trying to make sweeping statements about the town's walls, when it would be far more useful to focus in on one brick?
4 Comments
Share

Comments

  • I still say take all these ponderings and put in a book format. Then get a marketer or editor to help you arrange it in a marketable format. It’s an opportunity to get some validation.
    You speak intimately and vulnerably, which is fabulous yet noneth… 
    See More
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • 1y
    • Lisa Warfield Monk
       I have been trying to collect my various posts into my blog. Not always able to catch every day’s memories; because I can get too busy to check Facebook...
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1y
    • Lisa Warfield Monk
       haven’t done much along the lines of publisher research yet - would probably try for an e-book, though
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1y
    • Lisa Warfield Monk
       in any case, I appreciate your comments, they are motivational..

No comments: