Popular Posts

18 December 2016

Attempted meditation stream (P.o.t.D. 12/18/16)

searching for a beginning,
my mind drifts over
blinking icons... blinking lights...
returns to center with chants of Om.

thinking about breaking down
in Smithville
hours at the video store with Shawn
rescued by Donna and Mom
commenting all the way to Dallas
about Christmas lights guiding the sleigh
even though some were police

thinking about sundays
falling away from dharma punx
permanent illusion in my mind
that they'll still be there
"if my orbit returns me in kind"

politics again, rears up
seeing my eyes
turned away, so blind
assuming there's no oppression
to give me false peace of mind

a whole lot of fear
and unchained, galloping anxiety -

will they gather up the scientists
who try to warn them
against their doomsday energy plans?

will they decimate the protesters -
Standing Rock water cannons times a million?

will the women be corralled
into great, big breeding pens
forced to have babies
or bindings upon their feet?

Yeah, it may be overblown
and quite a bit irrational -
but, then, these new leaders are scary,
showing themselves to be quite irrational, too...

if my selfish, self-centered interests,
I think that I might survive,
So, Alfred E. Neuman,
"What? Me worry?"

but again - self-deception...
I am one of the liberals,
I am one of the protestors,
I am clinically insane...
and, for that, I may be on the first trains?

return to the Om,
chanting through my headset...
Did that clear my mind?
Can I let those thoughts drift by,
Like the clouds, hanging in the sky?

Not sure if journalling is fast enough
To capture ...

bell.

No comments: