Popular Posts

12 January 2019

My big, clumsy words:
The butterfly nets that the flies and gnats mock.
The nuances lost, the hidden messages unseen?
If I go on, to great lengths...?
Queue Charlie Brown into school;
And place me as the mwah-mwah, mwah-mwah
Of his teacher's voice, never to be understood.
I quibbled over slopes, today,
The whole rise over run -
And the insistence that Mister X be independent...
Wanting to capture application and bigger pictures,
I questioned if basic algebra's routine
Obscured slope's constant growth -
And, for contrast, perhaps..?
I talked about exponential decay.
I'm reminded of a disabled veteran,
Who didn't want to know the how and why:
"Just give me the process, god damn it!"
Give me something that I do not know,
And I might be guilty of this
"Reduce it with Occum's Razor!"
Like relationships, for example -
No, like sex drives, to cut to the bone!
None of us has been given clear directions,
And we're all fumbling with competing affections...
So, if I become sexless to you,
Do I then become useless, too?
If you think there will be
No affection, no attention, no presence, no protection...
Have I then lost all utility to you?
Like it or not,
We are biological creatures.
Our bodies want long and fruitful lives -
maybe some progeny, too...
spinning, spinning, spinning...
my find is ruminating
over ruined relations,
over past loves' candles
that, now, are nothing but cold lumps of wax.
(and, the danger, of not naming names,
is that many might make themselves
targets of these blames...
To this, I say,
"Is there some partial truths, then,
If you can so easily cast yourself in those roles?")
What of my own part in the morass?
Aye, yes... I can be a bit of an ass.
I would rather saunter out on my own,
Then take the time to invite others in.
Frank Sinatra's "Very Good Year" -
Just came on, on my Spotify.
I shall break off from here, to share that, too...
For the milestones, you see...

No comments: