Popular Posts

19 November 2021

19 Nov 2017

 Do I want any gifts for Christmas?

Well, I do like black socks (size 10), and I am running low... Better if you could find some that don't develop holes in the heels.
I could probably use more clothes, too, especially formal ones - I could probably get good mileage out of thrift store gift cards. May I suggest Uptown Cheapskate, on south Lamar - to help support one of my friends who works there?
I have a few outstanding bills that are troubling me, too...
I'd rather try to take care of all of that, before getting this or that knick knack, or this or that game.
Especially, since I feel some guilt and shame, as I can not really reciprocate gifts (yet again). Some will try to chide me, that my company or gratitude is present enough. However, the reciprocation reflex is deeply ingrained in me - I want to feel like I'm contributing to a community. I want to find some way to express how much I appreciate my friends and family...
Perhaps the best gift I could give is my time, by working a soup line, or volunteering for those less fortunate then myself.
So, I ask for warm socks, to stave off the cold, while I serve a hot meal, for those find themselves left out in the cold....

No comments: