Popular Posts

25 November 2021

25 Nov 2019

I do not want to sit alone with my thoughts, listening to only the road noise by the bus stop. “The passing cars draw my hurt mind to them, like some sort of asphalt mermaids.”
So, I retreat from my bitter despair, flooding my ears with classical music, sent by public radio. I start dabbling in articles on collective conscience. I wonder if my forced isolation makes me even more estranged (“can’t relate...?”)
I break my vow of Facebook silence (again!) ...
...because ‘I desperately seek attention’, as so many try to point out, (while they redouble their efforts to maintain their silence (?) )
I scream to the heavens, “Surely, we are not meant to live like this - so rarely talking with each other?!? How..? How.. has our society become so divided?!?”
Yet, all I hear these days is the radio, the TV, and the Internet - all barking their versions of reality as the only way to live...
...and I only see us talking with each other - instead of screaming each other down - when we join together, under a common principle or activity...
I do not like to be commanded that I am wrong; I want a well-developed argument. I project that idea onto you, too. So, yes, I bristle when I have to change my understanding of the world... also, (projecting that), I am afraid of how you might bristle at what I might say...
“Far too polite for my own good, Far too vocal and coarse to be considered a good confidant.” (Not up on current events, too - so, considered ignorant?).
Perhaps it is better to wither in silence, to poison myself with this bitter bile...
(Ending rant.)

No comments: