Popular Posts

24 November 2021

24 Nov 2020

 On Saturday, 28 Nov 2020, at 5:30 p.m. CST, I will be telling my personal story of recovery from substance abuse and mental illness issues. This will be held in the open Zoomed meeting of the 12@12 5:30 group.

I believe this is at least the 6th time that I've spent more than 10 minutes detailing my history with recovery, over the last 15 years. I will probably add quotes from one or more AA books or pamphlets to help keep my story better anchored in their literature. Because it's an online format, I'm also tempted to add some slides into the story, to add a little variety in the visuals.
Hopefully, by telling my story, I can help someone else understand some of the deceptions which we often tell ourselves, to avoid facing the stigma of either having substance abuse issues or a mental illness, or both.
Please note that I am posting this announcement to my friends on Facebook, because I always appreciate when any or all of them can help support my travels through recovery. To (partially) respect anonymity at the level of press, radio, and films; I request that you Do Not share, copy and paste, or otherwise broadcast this announcement outside of the current friends channel.
Also, this 5:30 meeting has just started it's 2 Saturday speakers' format, held every Saturday, and we could certainly use more speakers in December and beyond. If interested, I can put you in touch with our current speaker coordinator.

No comments: