Popular Posts

23 November 2021

23 Nov 2017

 Yeeeessshhhh....

Why is it that our only recourse, these days, seems to be “contact your senator and representative “...?
( Especially since they seem hell-bent on going forward with their own plans to shower love and attention on their corporate sponsors...)
Is there some figurative tea I can throw in the virtual harbor, that effectively (yet peacefully) shows my utter disgust at what the U.S. government is doing?
Yes, I’m in favor of a whole lot of policies that have been torn apart this last year, and I don’t trust our politicians’ motivations for “deregulating big government”...
(We wonder why there’s an upsurge in violence?)


Part of me doesn’t want to participate in holidays... I don’t want all the pomp, the parades, the reverence. Are there really events worthy of their remembrance and observance?
Yet... if we let the tragedies fade away, then they happen again and again...
If we let the accomplishments go unnoticed, perhaps their significance becomes trivialized....
But, permanence is an illusion, no?
Still, I feel the holidays get twisted into things different, evolving and devolving...


Still, it’s here. Happy thanksgiving, all!

No comments: