Popular Posts

10 May 2021

10 May 2019

 Wonder if this counts as a D/FW age...?

"I'm so old that I lived 7 miles outside of the Plano city limits, and 7 miles outside of the Wylie city limits."
...I could do the research and see if those two cities now touch each other, or I could just go with that...?
Or... "I'm so old that I could see the Milky Way at night, and still be within the D/FW Metroplex within a 15 minute drive"
I'm older than sprawl, y'all... I'm older than sprawl...

I'm old enough to have had coffee at Quackenbushes, on the Drag, and then walk over to Tower records to pick up a discounted casette tape of Tom Waits' "Nighthawks at the Diner"...
(first pass at agin

ing both "The Dark Backward" and the subtitled "Akira" at Dobie theater on the same night...
...or...
I'm "the last year that Prather Dorm was not air-conditioned" old.
(Can you imagine 60 men of college age, moving in to and living in those conditions, in the middle of an Austin September?)



...or, hearkening back to the youth...
"I'm original Star Wars Tie-Fighters and action figures old. No keeping that in shrink wrap, back then!"



oh yeah... another quick ager:
I'm TI 99/4 and Apple II+ old! Ah, the memories of Duck Hunt and Colossal Cave!'

No comments: