Popular Posts

09 May 2021

Grief or Amends? (7 May 2021)

 Am I trying to figure out how to overcome rejection,

How to win back angry friends,
...how to make amends...?
Or am I trying to process grief?
To let go of past relationships,
When one of us decided,
"We could no longer help each other?"
...and yet, I honestly believe that
"Everyone has value", and
"No one should be written off as unworthy of love";
But, I have finite time and resources - two hands, if you will
and I am saddened by standing outside the campfire
and I am reminded of our impermanence
and fading memories are little deaths
so much invested -
now? stories
Lost.


...and then there's the second thought:
"Why am I gnashing my teeth on Facebook,
When that forum seems so broken, these days?"
  • Like
Generalization, but it applies to multiple communities:
"We used to do so many activities together,
So why do we do nothing, now?"
(Which has a bit more sting,
when I'm considering a whole group of people,
instead of just one member in it,
with whom I might not have agreed 100% with...)

No comments: