Popular Posts

05 May 2021

Different levels of relationships : 5 May 2013

 Still wondering where I sit on this inter-relationship spectrum (with the majority of people that i know):

Transformative...
Transactional...
Vampiric..?
To me, the distinctions have to do with the amount of expectations we have on what we give to, and what we take from another... Although that view seems really close to a transactional model, whereby "I will give you this and you will give me that" tends to be the majority of the actions.
I think that a transformative relationship would be one where one party is irrevocably changed or transformed (hopefully for the better) and so there is no way of "repaying" the action or gift that led to the change. I also think that the giving party expects no repayment. I want to say that a teacher-student relationship would be a good example of this...
Not entirely sure why this is in my head, but it is.

No comments: