Popular Posts

19 September 2021

19 Sept 2017

 The desire to die ebbs and flows tonight, as I forget and then remember how my life can be devalued by myself and others. I'm physically choking on a lingering mucus buildup. I'm emotionally choking back tears, thinking I've lost friends who I may not ever have had. As I knock the scythe away, it menaces again and again, telling me, "You're just sucking air, better used for someone more worthy!"

Then the over-dramatic demons disappear into the depths of my mind, probably to concoct another attack upon my beleaguered rationality. I'm thankful for the respite, hoping I can chase dreams, instead...
"To sleep! To dream! To awaken and march forth with new purpose!"
...and yet I fear I will be dragged into the shadows, to be torn apart by my troubles...
(First draft, on the fly, y'all... possibly flawed)

No comments: