Popular Posts

19 September 2021

19 Sept 2020

 Often feel like I’m a second-class friend or family member; where I’m only important if the first-class friends or family are not available.

How much of that comes back on me, not “pestering others” enough about their lives? I don’t know. I thought I was being thoughtful and respectful by not trying to make long-distance contacts - the assumption being that, if I don’t attempt to contact, then there’s no chance of interfering.
(That could be twisted into a “no harassment” dating rule, I guess..)
However, without interjecting, without interfering, I often feel like I’m left in the dark. I know I’ve complained in the past about how how few initial contacts are sent to me...
By being silent, I end up as being interpreted as aloof and uninterested - or at least that’s the take away I feel.
I miss the ideal of a friendly neighborhood.

No comments: