Popular Posts

03 March 2021

3 March 2014

 I am thinking aloud...

The persona I present when creating my personal status updates is different from the persona that appears when sharing various memes, and both of those are different from who you'll see, in casual conversation...
If I were to theorize, I suspect it's because I'm "thinking along different pathways" when engaged in these different scenarios. I.e., writing status updates, I become quite a bit more self-critical, while, sharing memes, I try to be more upbeat, positive, educational...
As I don't always remember the originating and/or sharing page that brings a meme to my feed, I have to wonder if others disassociate what I'm sharing with who I am and what I believe. Or, are there stronger associations made between my status updates and me? (I've heard that "you mope in your status updates", which makes me scratch my head - I really don't think that the majority of what I share here is "moping"..)
I say all of that, but I also have to catch myself, for I have seen some of my conversations with friends begin to rehash old topics, previously discussed. I bet part of that is fueled by uncertainty on what to say...
More later..?
Donnie Dye, Summer Harris and 1 other
2 Comments
Share

No comments: