Popular Posts

09 March 2021

Nathan P's #thetriggering : 9 March 2016

 Hmmf. I'm all for free speech, and open discourse, and such...

Yet I also think we should be aware of the repercussions of our expressed ideas, and be open to the idea that others might take serious offense to our ideas (and I to theirs)...
What might trigger me? Denial of climate change, unwavering acceptance of creationism, racial profiling... Probably a bit more if I dug deeper.
There are a couple of "friends" here on Facebook who I've been tempted to unfriend because their views are so opposite to my own; but censorship and silencing are actions based in fear.
So, this is my little offering for #thetriggering, Nathan, before I go to sleep. I might post some strange memes, after I've had a good nap. I don't have that many at my fingertips, though, so I might just like up the group posts, instead, if I find them amusing?

I'm more likely to believe all y'all's memes if they were supported by verifiable and reproducible facts...
Offering for #thetriggering, Nathan.
How's that one meme run? "If it's quoted on the Internet, it must be true! - Socrates"

No comments: