Popular Posts

14 April 2021

14 April 2020

 I like the song, "Veteran of the Psychic Wars", off of the soundtrack to the animated film, "Heavy Metal". I guess I really believe that I could wear it as an anthem or something....

People are freaking out over our little viral friends, and the governments reactions to them. To me, the loss of jobs... the threat of death... the house confinement... - these things just do not seem new to me.
I grew accustomed to losing jobs, regularly, over the last 20 years; and yet I have survived. (maybe not thrived, but...)
I'm mostly at peace with the prospect of dying. Perhaps because I don't feel like an integral part of anyone's lives; I already feel socially disconnected. I've gotten awfully close to dying before. I do not relish the thought of suffocating to death, as this disease is described... I also don't like how contagious it seems...
What am I saying/ "It just doesn't seem like a new threat to me, or one that I have much control over 'solving'. So, make what adjustments that I can, and then do the next task before me."
"When I've lived so long on the brink of poverty, I no longer think of prosperity."

No comments: