Popular Posts

22 April 2021

22 April 2019

 In my various forays into dating sites, I've often seen the catch phrase, "I want to find someone who makes me laugh"...

I was thnking about this, today, and I must beg to differ. For, you see, most humor has some element of judgement, or even harm, inside of it. People (might be?) joking about people, places, things, or values that differ in ways from their own. When academically analyzed, a lot of this falls under micro-aggresions...
So, I would claim that many want to find people who support the seeker's individual values; and this is best discerned by the type of humor that is used. I.e., if the two people in a relationship have contrasting styles of humor, this can lead to fights over contrasting systems of values.
Also, note, that chameleons can be dangerous; for they can read your value system, and then begin to mimic it - even if they don't always agree with it.
k-------------------
just my two cents, mind you. Any thoughts, pro or con on this?

No comments: