Popular Posts

30 April 2021

30 April 2015

 - Baltimore protests, now spreading to 8 cities (per #USUncut)

- earthquake in Nepal creates need for aid
- gay marriage coming up at the Supreme Court
- Bernie Sanders puts his hat in POTUS race
...and still, there's a part of me that wants to ignore all of this, because "I don't feel directly impacted". I don't want to start flame wars, or appear calloused, or (alternatively) associated towards an issue... (I did browse photos of "white privilege" because I thought it appropriate)
I'm not perfect, by any means, and I'm probably being selfish through my total inaction. It's hard to take a stand when I see very little that I gain by doing so.
Still:
- violence only exacerbates police violence
- I wish there was a way I could aid Nepal, but I'm strapped financially. Maybe I could donate food or clothes to aid organizations like the Red Cross
- I believe gays are entitled to the same rights as heterosexuals, as I think sexuality is on par with race, age, and gender in our "ability to (not) choose it"
- Sanders is probably going to shake up the Democratic race a bit. More than likely, his involvement will lead Clinton to change some of her stances. I suspect Clinton will still win the Democratic nomination, due to her prior political involvements. However, this country still has a few misogynists, who won't vote for Clinton because of her gender - possibly giving strength to the Republican candidates. If Clinton were to win, I can easily see more congressional impasses (like what Obama faced) because it's Congress is still an "old white men's club"

No comments: