Popular Posts

12 July 2021

12 July 2012

 So, why is it that I can still be restless, irritable, and discontent even if I seem to have a lot going for me?

Some would attribute it to the addict's mind, and I can see that.
You know... an addict's mind is wired to grab for anything that stimulates and/or increases its dopamine levels, because it's really addicted to its dopamine flood much more than the stimulating thing or activity. At least, that's the idea I picked up from Dr. Loving at Shoal Creek, 7 years ago...
Part of me also wonders if there's some unmet expectations still in my life that are irritating me, like, oh...
- "Why am I still single? Heck, why do I have so few RL interactions with women?"
- or "How can I get beyond living from paycheck to paycheck?"
- or "Why is it so hard for me to search for and find a career that makes much better use of my abilities?"

No comments: