Popular Posts

21 July 2021

21 July 2020

 I have some fear about covering all of my bills, this month.

(...who doesn’t? 🥴)
As I was telling my house mate, I think I was relying too much on my mom’s life insurance return being processed quickly. We sent the forms off, last month, and I thought it would be a one week turnaround or less... but, one month later: “nothing.” Even so, it was not much of a settlement...
I probably have been lax on chasing down my side jobs, and on applying for a second job. How much of that is general frustration at the state of our economy during quarantine? “Hmmm...” (future-tripping bad job interviews)
Are all the expenses essential?
Depends on what I feel needs to be funded, I guess. Or if I can cut out costs. I was not expecting grocery runs to be quite as costly as they are. I did not expect to be making doctor visits (skin and muscle issues)
Of course, “an ounce of prevention...”:
It would be easier if I had resources like money in savings, credit cards, a car, a house, a partner, etc etc
I don’t think I’m alone in living from paycheck to paycheck. Life would be easier if we prepared for the present and future by setting aside money in the past. The difficulty, though, is maintaining the “set aside” mindset, especially when everything seems like an essential need...

No comments: