Popular Posts

08 July 2021

8 July 2016

 I was tempted to share this at the 5:30 meeting, but fear blocked me:

"I'm depressed, afraid, defeated. I don't know what I'll do for food tonight - maybe be a cannibal and eat a can of beans? ...or a 5-day expired blueberry muffin from work, because that's the last of the write-offs I have left to eat?
I don't know how I'll pay my rent and other essential bills, because my minimum wage job has cut back my hours.
I share this with the group, because at times, my higher power is being embedded in a community that has found answers to problems I still struggle with.
I might go without food tonight, I might be on the streets in a month... But I trust that it's more than likely temporary, as long as I try to be helpful to those around me, and willing to be vulnerable.
Still, I don't know if you want to call me destitute, or mentally unstable, or any other label before you're willing to help... But I'd be very grateful for some help today..."

No comments: