Popular Posts

18 June 2021

18 June 2020

 If I remember right, a common practice in ASL is telling a little autobiography. Stuff like "where have you lived? What have you studied? What is your family history like...?"

Can we speaking people break out of the practice of the 30 second elevator pitch? Can we own all of our histories, recognizing the good... the bad... the ugly? Perhaps... (There's still a fine balancing point between too much and too little)
When I try to hide from my mistakes, when I try to highlight only what I think is good - then I quickly become flattened to one dimension. Personally, I also acquire tunnel vision reinforcing the idea that i'm bad at everything else, and only somewhat good at this handful of activities.
So, how do I present who I am, without trying to push on you, who i think i am?

No comments: