Popular Posts

24 June 2021

24 June 2019

When I write these posts, I think that I am talking to some ambiguous, amorphous, fuzzy blob of a crowd. The faces are mostly blank, you see - like no eyes, no mouth, no nose...
I guess it would be like those moments when the actor steps into the spotlight, and starts in on some monologue; to be able to babble out a solution to a complex, pressing problem in the plot.
That's my thoughts, when dealing with my rambling posts.
Now, if I'm adding a comment to another post, then usually I have a much better picture of my target audience; and I might begin to tailor the speech to our shared experiences.
Also, if I desire to speak directly to somebody, then I will use a phone call or an email, instead - or an in-person rendezvous. I can think of 2 specific people who have gotten upset with me, in this year of 2019, who I would be willing to converse with, over the sore point(s)... Yet, I do not want to initiate those conversations - mostly because I want to work on their time scale instead of mine.
Granted, there might be many more people who've become upset over my behavior over the last few years... but I'm not drawing the connection(s) between what I did and how they've changed their interactions with me.
Part of the problem of the Facebook medium lies in "using a megaphone in a party" - we can broadcast all sorts of stuff here, yet it is very difficult to see how EVERYONE will react to those broadcasts. Yes, there are the vocal comments on the post; but there are also the silent onlookers who might choose to gossip among themselves, outside of my earshot / eyesight...

No comments: