Popular Posts

15 October 2021

15 Oct 2018

 It is difficult for me to support people who have different struggles than I. Their struggles are as valid (or more valid) than my own, yet I can not easily champion their causes.

It’s a lot of fear, perhaps, and uncertainty; because I do not want to be categorized as something I am not. I do not want to be chastised by the suffering, claiming that “I can not possibly understand what they have to go through”... ...and I do not want to misrepresent their struggles.
So, I try to walk through life, without causing the harms attributed to my various classes. I am probably quite guilty of “projecting invisibility” - not even acknowledging another’s various classes, because - BECAUSE they should not have to influence how we interact with each other.
People will be quick to brand me as “operating from a position of privilege”, because I do not have to be hyper-aware of how my classes may be scorned and attacked by others.
It still tears such a hole in my soul that all of our variations have led to such heinous divisions.

No comments: