Popular Posts

18 October 2021

18 Oct 2020

 I have mixed feelings about "counting days"

If it's an activity required for survival, like eating or sleeping, then doing it on a regular cycle does become important.
However, some activities are not essential. Yet, skipping them may teach me how dependent I am upon them. So, showering does not need to be a daily activity - yet it can certainly improve my mood.
In substance abuse recovery, they recognize continuous lengths of sobriety with chip systems. I often think, though, that it's the quality of the sobriety and not the length that is broadcast by a person's demeanor and attitude. Yes, many times, people with longer lengths of sobriety have better attitudes - but it's not always the case.
One could also compare adults to youth in terms of time lived...?
In the end, time is a concept created by people. Yet experiences are accumulated through more channels than just time. So, do not put too much weight into "time earned".

No comments: