Popular Posts

31 October 2021

31 Oct 2018

 20 years ago, I came out of a 2-3 week coma, as a senator astronaut was going back into space. The Simpson’s Halloween episodes played every night on Fox that week. I was on dialysis, and I hear I had had 90% kidney failure. I also hear that, when I was checked in to Brackenridge, that my body temperature was about 84 degrees.

I came close to death, by my own hand, using an overdose of the psychiatric medications that I had stopped taking, months before.
Suicide seemed like the only way of stopping the pain from a messy breakup, and from severe poverty.
Yet, I kept drinking, and I kept slipping on my medication regime, for another five years.
I hear the way that bipolar symptoms are described, and I can certainly relate. I also hear how addiction is described, and I can relate to that, too. Trying to live a life of vigilance against both can be trying, to say the least.
Would improving my life situation help? Probably, some. However, what may seem easy for you to do might be terribly difficult for me, when I can be so easily distracted.
20 years ago, I woke up. I pray that I do not try to slip back into “sleep”...

No comments: