Popular Posts

23 October 2021

23 Oct 2020

 I just wish that more people would make the effort to talk with each other... Actually, I wish more people would make the effort to talk with me, if we're being perfectly honest.

'Then, there's the self-doubt that starts creeping in, that makes me think that I don't talk "normal enough" for people to feel comfortable about talking with me. That could spin out into what everyones' expectations are of what "normal enough" entails.
On a different front, I feel that, with the absence of communication(s), I end up drifting aimlessly through the void; and unsure of how to create the conversations that I crave. With that aimless drift comes also the lack of purpose, the feeling devalued - further self-pity that can quickly take me to those points of hurting or killing myself.... because, "what's the point, anyway, if I have so few connections with the world?"
Thankfully, there are still some connections with the world, and they often are the lifeline that keep me wanting to keep on living.
I still have that uneasy feeling that the neighborhood (and even the nuclear family) concept has been eroding away, for years. You might claim that social media makes us all the more connected. I would retort that it's just amplifying the puppy dog effect: we're following the most outrageous personalities, yet at the expense of ignoring many of the more ordinary personalities who we see in our daily lives.
Is this my scream for attention? Perhaps....
Do I have a poor measure of what attention(s) I need? Perhaps...
...so i write to social media, in the (possibly flawed) belief that it will get a message out quickly, to many of my friends...
so, do I have to have someone else agree with me? Not really... but it would be nice to have some other perspectives on different topics - which is probably the main reason why I wish more people would talk with me. A variety of perspectives can help create much more balanced walks through life, right?

No comments: