Popular Posts

22 October 2021

22 Oct 2018

 It's actually hard for me to wrap my awareness around the idea that, in public, I'm talking to the crowd.

a) the person directly spoken to - they are trying to save face, and so, are less likely to change their mind in order to avoid appearing weak.. a hypothesis, mind you... but I do think people are less pliable in public
b) creating a demonstration for the crowd, using "the argument"...? Hard to say, if everyone plays these group dynamics. I've heard of friends saying, after the fact, that they were using me as an example, to try to reach worse extremes of that example. However, some merit can be given to "presenting an alternate (in place of the person you're arguing with) that people can consider as onlookers, without being in the spotlight
Basically, there are leaders and there are followers, in group dynamics. The leaders are less likely to change their views, out of fear of losing the power they've gained by supporting those views.
Just my two cents...

No comments: