Popular Posts

03 October 2021

3 Oct 2019

 

I do not know what to do, or if I can even do anything, to convince people to include me in their lives. I know the saying, "Do unto others........"
the other analogy might be, "picked last for the dodgeball team"
Now, if I try to weaken this post (for my own sanity and for your owns), I can recognize the misuse of "all or nothing" statements... I can recognize that my perception is selective, and it's discounting facts like "there were 3 students waiting for me at tutoring, today" and probably a host of other bits that might support an opposing view.
In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter, anyway? Do I need to have people's inclusion in order to live a full, productive life? No, I don't NEED them... but it would make it easier to have discussions, to help refine our rough drafts of ideas...
I don't know. I might just be angry at a few individuals, yet I find myself unleashing that anger on everyone. Maybe, that's because I can't convince the few that their lack of contact causes me mental anguish - because, they aren't paying attention, any more, remember.
Granted, Facebook is not the best place to air a grievance; and, without specific names, it just becomes Vaguebook... yet, I do not want to call out names, to avoid shaming people, in order to avoid specific harm instead of generalized harm.
I don't know if any single guys would come to my defense, here, to support this premise: "Single guys don't tend to get initiating contacts. We usually have to speak first, to get an individual to speak to us." Trufthfully, I don't know if that's a valid premise (maybe more valid for 'single, ugly guys' or even more so for 'single, ugly, poor guys')... The only evidence I have for it is from dating sites, where the women get tons of first contact emails while the guys get none...
It's a blessing and a curse to not have to worry about people contacting you (or not)...

No comments: