Popular Posts

26 August 2021

26 August 2020

 [ Just another set of my opinions - Jody ]

-----------------------------
"I thought I was someone else, someone good.
OH, it's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spent it with you."
heard about a minute ago, on Lou Reed's "Perfect Day", playing via Spotify...
..."You're going to reap just what you sow...."
-----------------
Significant synchronicity? Random Juxtaposition.... hell if i know.
Now, Spotify has queued up the 2015 Remaster of Bowie's "Life on Mars"
_______________
Are we heavily influenced by the media we buy into? Yes.
Does it provide a prebuilt structure that I want to map my life onto? Yes.
So, I'm reminded of Jimmy Parker's comment that "Return of the King" should have ended when Sam and Frodo were stranded on the rock outcroppings around Mount Doom's lava flows - like, yes, they got their quest finished but there's no certainty of being saved, after... almost like a "Rogue 1" ending.
I'm reminded that life is not Hallmark Fairy Tales, that we aren't ever guaranteed anything... that sometimes we just have to trudge and sometimes we'll end up hurting each other. People end up on the streets through a series of unfortunate events. People make choices that they can't get out of - like losing a limb from diabetes?
I really don't have to have people's approval. I want it, because it makes me feel slightly more safer and secure. I think that being in a tribe, or even an organization multiplies our collective power and helps distribute strengths to balance out weaknesses...
But that's not always true. We can all be guilty of the same fault(s)... We can all have flawed ways of treating our homes - whether it be our planet or our tribe. We can all favor a celebrity and ignore an unknown....
It just hurts to think I might simply be another unknown... another evolutionary dead-end... an undesirable that most people would rather not take the time to engage with.
To think that my mix of Pink Floyd, Tom Waits, Monty Python, Neil Gaiman and God only knows what is just too jumbled together for people to appreciate. To think that in "trying to be woke", I end up "being put to sleep" (...which is probably a horrible phrasing of some strange sociological forces at play...)
...and to say that I must be the problem, and nobody else has done any wrong - when I really don't know if I truly believe that, in my core. Maybe, I don't want people to get angry at accusations, because I don't want to have to invest a lot of energy in trying to defend them. So, instead, I just try to silence the accusations and they become weird paranoia preying upon my conscience...
Is the current age characterized by a different process of showing disapproval compared to the 00's, 80', and 60's ? More than likely, yes. Do I know what those different processes are? Only hazily - mostly learned through the stories we watch, the media we digest...
(and now i'm reminded of an article, earlier this week - how books like "the power of positive thinking" are getting traced as the beginning of horrible trends in modern America....)

No comments: