Popular Posts

09 October 2021

9 Oct 2017

 To write again,

Without trying to right...
There's no moral that demands to be shared. No point or warning or attempt to influence. Yet the super-ego quips, "I doubt it would matter, as most would ignore such attempts, anyway." I am not attempting to instruct by writing this, as that would probably just turn into a mathematical proof...
However, to inform... to reflect... to brush away the cotton candy and the cobwebs, and attempt an honest look.
I bemoaned, "Why won't anyone ask me on a date?", a while back. I did not expect the response received. In hind sight, I might have better expressed my idea with, "Do women ask men on first dates? Do they initiate romantic conversations?"
Keep in mind... we're in a society ripe with street harassment and sexual harassment, and even just some cultural conditioning that men initiate - and see how that's been so horribly abused by clueless men. "Have you ever compared a man's dating site message inbox to a woman's? Oh, wait.... have I ever done that?" I see this huge backlash claiming that men need to cease and desist, and yet, I see no (actions taken by women to show how we can sanely flirt?)
my mind just goes round and round about flirting and dating and sex and sexual harassment and more, not sure how I should act without inadvertently offending... because society (or is it the media) is selling us some quaint ideas of gender roles, and my gender (unfortunately) has been told "Don't take no for an answer" in other areas of our lives - making it a big morass of "yuck". The impression I get is that "women are sick and tired of being bothered by men" (rightfully so), and yet.... does that mean I'm left out in the cold?
Sooo... "Why won't anyone ask me on a date?" (my experience) "Why won't women ask men out?" (my extrapolation) "How did our society get twisted off so badly?" (a second hypothesis)
To be fair, though. There are women in my life, including me in their social activities. Not a lot of them, and not the traditional "dinner and a movie"... but they do exist. What can hurt, painfully, though... is when they cut off those contacts. I'm sure lots could be written about that, too - or, the more general "Defriend your perceived negativity in your life."
I'm eating away at my time to get up and get ready for work. Time slips away, so quickly. I'm not sure what things I want to write on, still...
I think I did drift into "moralizing", though. *sigh*

No comments: